Kids join in a particular sport for various reasons. Most kids though likes being athletic because of the attention they get whenever they do good at the game. Other kids, although not that good at a particular sport wants to play to become socially active – to mingle with their friends or meet new people. The reasons vary by kid’s age and personality. Here are some of the main reasons why kids want to learn baseball:
1. For fun – The concept of fun to baseball players vary by age and personality. Younger kids want to play baseball mainly because of action and excitement. Older kids on the other hand, consider baseball as fun game because it is an opportunity to show they can be successful in any endeavor they enjoy doing.
2. For variety and organization – Baseball is an organized sport that offers variety and fun for kids. It is an opportunity to develop skills; with plenty of action, fun and excitement. It is not a boring sport although it is one game that needs organization. This is caused by the fact that organization is needed not to restrict players but to provide discipline and allow every player to have fun.
3. To build skills – Kids love learning and developing new skills. Baseball is a sport that challenges them to develop and improve skills like catching, throwing and base running.
4. To foster friendships – Baseball is a perfect avenue to interact with friends and meet new people. By working on a team, kids learn the value of teamwork and camaraderie. They are able to build confidence working in a team. It also helps them build group identity. Many kids love to play because other kids or their friends are playing too. And sometimes, kids play not because they see they are good at this sport but because they enjoy the friendship within the team.
5. For excitement and action – Baseball is a game full of excitement and action. Playing baseball let kids take part in an exciting, fun and action-filled sport that many of their peers are interested too. Younger kids love baseball because they enjoy running around. While, older kids especially high school teens love the sports because they enjoy exploring their physical abilities.
6. For attention – Some kids decide to learn baseball to get attention from their parents especially if they know that their parents are baseball fans. Parents or coach must be sensitive to this child’s motivation for the game. If this is one or even the primary reason why a child plays baseball, parent’s support is very important to avoid later disappointment. Airline Games
7. Competition – Competition is listed as the least reason why kids want to learn baseball. Younger kids play baseball usually for fun and do not desire competition. The concept of competing with other kids is usually awkward to them and they fear the possibility of losing. Parents should not push kids to play baseball just to compete. Parents should also recognize that kid’s baseball skills will slowly develop and the desire to compete is not good to motivate them to perform better.